Before you can get involved in one of the translation projects of OpenTranslators, you'll need to be a member of one of our teams. You can either join an existing team or create a new team. Teams are always tied to a language.
Create a team
You can create a new translation team, by going through the following steps. You can be a member of more than one team at once. Keep in mind that there can only be one translation team per language.
- Go to the OpenTranslators portal, at https://opentranslators.transifex.net/
- Go to the "OpenTranslators" page, as indicated on the image below. Click the link.
- Once on the "OpenTranslators" page, you've got three tabs you can select. Click the "Teams" tab
- You can now see an overview of the different teams you can join
- To create a new team, click the "Request a New Team" button on the bottom of the list.. You'll be asked to select the language for the team. To submit your request, click "Request Team"
When your request is approved, you'll be notified by e-mail. Your team will then be listed on the "Teams" page.
Once request is approved, you can start translating the projects assigned to OpenTranslators. As you will be the coordinator of the team, you will be responsible for approving other members' requests to join your team.